Tropic Thunder – how we laughed

For the first time since Lex’s operation, Steve and I sat down, relaxed and watched a movie. Tropic Thunder was on the box, and my oh my, what a bloody funny show. It’s the second time we’ve watched it and I still can’t quite get my head around the minds' of the people who created the idea for this movie – Ben Stiller being one of them. It is almost bizarre, very close to crossing a lot of lines and the characters!

Obviously Tom Cruise’s character is something special, but Robert Downey Jr – a white man playing a black man, who’s not only a white man, but a white Australian played by an American. Who thinks of shit like that? Ben Stiller’s “Laughing Jack?” Jack Black’s heroin addicted character? I’ve never really liked Jack Black, but I’m learning to appreciate him.

It truly is something special and when we get our stuff out of storage, including our enormous DVD collection, I’m going to sit down with a pen and paper to write down all of the bizarre and funny lines in this movie. Neither Steve nor I could stop smiling. We needed that.

Yours, without the bollocks
Andrea

Comments

Popular Posts