My Oscars Stitch & Bitch

I don’t think I’ve seen a single Oscar nominated movie this year. Two reasons, children and no Gold Class Cinemas in Noosa. Thankfully we’re back in the land of full time baby sitters AND Gold Class access, because seriously, once you’ve gone Gold, there’s no going back!

So let’s start with the positives from the Oscars red carpet. Jennifer Lawrence in red - how beautiful is that girl? No idea if she’s talented or not, but exceptionally beautiful that’s for sure. Sandra Bullock and Anne Hathaway also in red – but that style of top just never works for me on small boobs. They do it every year though. And Anne must have been exhausted after all of her costume changes – my word!

Halle Berry, Gwyneth Paltrow and Scarlett Johansson all stunning, although apparently Brittany did a better, sexier version of Scarlett’s dress in black a few years back, so what do I know? Oh and how gorgeous did Nathalie Portman look pregnant? I can honestly say I never looked like that for even a millisecond when pregnant.

Helena Bonham Carter was probably the best dressed for me – she looked fabulous. I love something different on the red carpet, but she does it in style, as opposed to Bjork’s version of “different.”

But there were some concerns. For example Michelle Williams looked like a walking condom. And why does such a pretty girl wash herself away in such pale colours?

Amy Adams just looked awful and obviously no one told her blue and green should never be seen. Why accessorise in green when you’re wearing dark blue sparkles? And gingers just shouldn’t wear dark blue!

The shocker for me – Cate Blanchett. Undoubtedly one of the most stylish women on the red carpet for years, I hated her frock. Apparently it’s Givenchy Couture, so that’s alright then? Seriously, it was horrendous and I don’t know what to highlight as the worst part of her outfit – the circle around the tit area, the little dash of yellow up top, the colour, the beading or the little cap sleeves?

You’ve got to love the Oscars. As per the title, a great chance for a stitch and bitch once a year. Any thoughts from my fashionista pals?

Yours, without the bollocks
Andrea

Comments

Popular Posts