It’s the Olympics – Woohoo!!

To say I’m excited about the Olympics is an UNDER statement! I adore the games and regularly get all gooey and emotional watching people achieve their most remarkable best – it’s inspiring. I know many are cynical about the games these days, claiming it’s big business and nothing else, but I’m sure if you asked the athletes what it means to them, it would be a VERY different story. That’s where I focus all of my attention – on these amazing individuals who have dedicated their entire lives to being the best they can be.

Of course, it wouldn’t be an Olympics without a few random genitalia poking out of leotards or some sensational sex scandal. I don’t know about you, but I’m going to keep my eyes peeled for snatch thwacks on the high beam, flaps dangling from leotards or swim suits, as well as which side the male athletes pack and assessing the most “gifted” in this arena. Obviously it’s a great perv fiesta, and I’ll be looking for the best arse and thighs in the cycling team, the best overall physique in the swim teams, and just lapping up the male perfection on show, as well as the female perfection, because I love a buff female body too.

In our house, international sporting events are always of interest because I married a Pom – I know!! The great rivalry that exists between Australia and England took on a new dimension last Olympics, when for the first time in about 50 years, Team GB beat Australia in the medal tally. However, if you read this article, it’s not exactly true - apparently. To be honest, neither Steve nor I actually care which of our countries “win”, but the phone calls from my family to Steve – even if Australia beats England at Tiddlywinks – is always good entertainment. I only hope this rivalry remains good spirited, because it does have a tendency to get nasty. However, that’s the heritage of colonialism for you... it continues to this day through sport.

Not to mention that Australia’s sporting prowess is something the country is VERY proud of and while I know a lot of people who have lived in (and visited) Australia think it's completely obnoxious – which I get - you’ve got to understand that this is how Australia feels part of the greater world. When you’re positioned geographically on the arse-end of the planet (NZ included), feeling like you’re part of the bigger picture is important, and sport gives us that. Alas, I don’t think many appreciate this fact.

Win or lose, I’m supporting all of the athletes – where ever they are from – because I think they’re awesome just for being there. However, there is a very small chance that I may slip in a few Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi’s – but only if no one’s looking.

Enjoy and please do share any great spills or thrills, ‘cos I’m not going to be able to get them all.

Yours, without the bollocks

Andrea

Comments

Popular Posts