I Don’t Have Time


Life is crazy getting in to and used to working full-time again, as such, how I use my time has been turned on its head. My days are now full doing things I wasn’t doing a month ago, and yet many of the things I was doing before still need to be done, including blogging. That can’t change because it is part of me and, more importantly, part of my joy. Steve told me not to put too much pressure on myself at this time in my life and I think I’ve been pretty cool and accepting about what this time means. I’ll get my jive back in order soon I’m sure.

However the lingo “I don’t have time” has started tickling the peripheries of my mind recently and I’ve instantly said no way – because I DO have time. “I don’t have time” is one of my old thought habits that I used to get caught up in and then, one day, I decided any time I thought it I’d just counter it with - “I do have time.” I can assure you, it works.

Let’s face it, today, people are “busier” than ever. We’re not necessarily busier doing anything useful, or enhancing our own or other’s lives, because many of us are just caught up in “noise.” It is slightly concerning, because everywhere I look, people are head down, connecting with everyone they know in the world, just not the person sitting right next to them. It is bizarre but not unexpected with how the world is advancing. I believe we’ll get it right again and people will learn to reconnect with physical humans and get the balance back. Well I do remain hopeful.

However, I am determined not to get caught up in the “I don’t have time” bollocks. This is especially true when it comes to spending time with the awesome people in my life, which obviously means my beautiful family first, but equally, all of the other incredible people who’ve touched my life as well. Sure, I can’t be as spontaneous as I was before, but I’ll just have to be a bit more organised.

The important thing is not to entertain this thought – at all if I can help it – and to get a bit Bruce Lee about it all, with his philosophy of always say yes and never give up. Then again he died young…

I don’t have time is not a positive way of thinking and it doesn’t enhance my life. In fact, when I entertain it, I don’t have time – funny that. That’s what “Fuck it Enough” is all about after all - getting rid of shit that diminishes my life, including dis-empowering thoughts. It’s not always easy to do though.

Has anyone else gotten rid of thoughts that aren’t serving them? Or anyone else recognised the “I’m don’t have time” rattling around a little too much in their head? Let me know. I love it when people share their experiences.

Yours, without the bollocks
Andrea

Comments

Popular Posts